The Dark Side versus My Anxiety Attack

It was one of those mornings when my anxiety kept me up all night, I woke up with a headache, sinus pressure, congestion, and womanly issues from HELL! A mid-life crisis was upon me. I could sense it like the Force beckoning me from the outskirts of the universe and it scorched my emotions. I knew what must be done …

Now mind you, I’m a huge Star Wars fanatic. So my “go-to” safe place when I’m having an anxiety attack is a Star Wars movie, a video game, or a board game. That said, I made myself some hot chocolate filled to the top with a shit ton of marshmallows and sat down at my desk to play a Star Wars video game.

hotchocolatedrink

Then it hit me! I thought I felt a bug on me and jumped up so fast, knocking my hot chocolate ALL OVER my desk and computer, down the back of the wall, leaking down the wires of my computer and into the outlets. Spent 3 hours from 6am-9am sitting under my desk taking each wire apart, separating all the computer pieces, and washing the wall, the wires, the computer parts, the rug, and my entire desk!

For a few moments I wanted to cry, but I couldn’t. It was just one of those moments I felt so overwhelmed and so tired that crying was not even an option. So I laughed instead. I laughed so hard I woke my husband up. When he came downstairs and found me under the desk with all the cleaning supplies, he  asked me what happened, and I simply replied “Those Rebel Scum!!” …

I felt so much better after that.

6 Comments Add yours

1. PTcontender says:

Lol fun take on the daily prompt. And poor computer and hot chocolate 😦 Can’t wait to try one of these :)) –Jess

Liked by 1 person

1. Kat M says:

Hot chocolate is the best for relaxing in the winter for me. The good thing is that I was able to make another cup and get my computer back up for a quick game so I could relax the rest of the day =)

Liked by 1 person

1. PTcontender says:

Lol thank God! Yeah I don’t drink much hot chocolate (I should!) So when i do it feels like vacation :)) –Jess

Liked by 1 person

2. Sørk says:

That’s a great story. 😀

My sympathies on the spill – I’ve been there.

Liked by 1 person

1. Kat M says:

Thanks Sork! Spills wouldn’t be so bad if I had a droid unit to clean up after me LOL

Liked by 1 person