If you haven’t seen the change already, I’m shifting my blog focus from a “midlife” theme to more of the “today’s modern woman” theme. Hence, MidLife Inspirations is now Savvy Geekmom and the website is now http://www.savvygeekmom.com
Why is this change important?
As I do a lot of public speaking and responding to emails from women throughout the world, I find that “midlife” changes are not strictly pin pointed to women in their 40s-60s. In fact, many life changes are happening to today’s modern women of all ages, and especially modern motherhood.
Women today have so many options and yet so many changes are happen at once.
- We are having babies later in life to fulfill a life-long dream, whether traveling, career, or simply having a free schedule.
- We are overworked and underpaid only to come home to be overloaded with household chores and motherhood changes.
- Our bodies are changing. For better or for worse, these changes are a part of LIFE and to offset these changes, we have changed our health patterns in eating and exercising.
- We are balancing motherhood, wifehood, and happiness to the brink of non-existence. Meaning, we are struggling to keep things in order so much that we loose ourselves and our minds in the process.
So no matter how old you are, no matter what struggles you face, in today’s modern rushed lifestyle, we have forgotten how to be happy and live for ourselves!
Therefore, I am opening up my blog to a more diverse crowd of men and women.
Yes, I said men too!
You see, many men are also adjusting their lifestyles to fit with their wive’s schedules as well. Some are becoming the stay/work at home dad so that the wives can enjoy her career too. Remember Ladies, our men understand that “A Happy Wife is a Happy Life”, right? So give the men credit too. Making yourself happy and making things easier on yourself will in turn ripple a happiness affect for your whole family!
All these changes occur at any point in a woman’s life, but they are more common now as our modern lives become more hectic and less fulfilling. So I will be focusing on the following:
- Smarter Living with technology at home and office
- Mental Health and Relaxation Methods
- Inspiring stories, tips, and advice
- Healthy eating habits and recipes
- Modern Motherhood and Marriage
And some other tidbits off the whim of my spinning mind as well as some awesome giveaways I will be holding each month!
With all these exciting changes for all of us, I certainly hope you will follow me, or continue to follow me if you are already a follower, through the year!
What do you think of this new shift in my focus?
And if you’re feeling frazzled by all the modern tech stuff your kids are into, my book A Savvy Mom’s Guide to Parenting Generation Z, gives some great step by step walk-throughs for moms raising kids and teens in a technological and video gaming society.